Last year the Sophia Network published a resource In the Image of God that explores what the Bible says about men and women from an egalitarian perspective.
From Monday 7 May they are hosting an online discussion that spends a week on each session of the resource (with a week off for half term), and gives you the opportunity to ask questions, discuss and wrestle with different aspects of what the Bible says. People are lined up to contribute to the discussion each week; but they’re not experts who will tell you what to think; they’re fellow learners who will explore the questions with you.
Here’s the schedule, for weeks beginning:
- May 7 – The creation story
- May 14 – Women in the Old Testament
- May 21 – Broken relationships between men and women
- May 28 – Jesus and women
- (June 4 – week off for half term)
- June 11 – Headship and submission
- June 18 – Silence and head covering
- June 25 – Women and authority
- July 2 – Paul and the women he called co-workers
You could get together with a group of people each week to discuss the sessions and then post your thoughts and questions online. Or simply join in the online discussion.
Here’s how you can join in:
- Register for the course by emailing Jenny Baker to let her know you want to join in: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy a copy of the resource from Proost. It’s £2.50 for a pdf version which you can download immediately or £5 for a hard copy which will take a few days to arrive in the post.
What are you waiting for?!